New York Arrival
Today, arrive in New York City, known as the Big Apple. Transfer independently to the hotel.
A full day is yours to explore this exciting city, filled with people, famous sights, and skyscrapers. See the Statue of Liberty, Fifth Avenue, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, The United Nations, and much more.
New York – Washington D.C. / driving distance: 240 mi / 390 km
Collect your rental car this morning and start your drive southwest to Philadelphia, home of Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and Ben Franklin. Your destination this evening is the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C.
The broad streets of America’s seat of government enhance the dramatic effect of Washington’s memorable monuments: The Lincoln Memorial, The Jefferson Memorial, and The White House. On The National Mall, the Smithsonian’s complex of museums is a repository for the nation’s historic treasures.
Washington D.C. – Shenandoah National Park / driving distance: 86 mi /138 km
Explore Virginia’s colonial and Civil War heritage. Visit the site of the strategic Battle of Bull Run, where the historical influence of America’s founders is reflected in its institutions and architecture. Pass by Thomas Jefferson’s home in Monticello before ascending to the highlands of Shenandoah National Park for the night.
Shenandoah National Park – Blue Ridge Parkway – Roanoke / driving distance: 147 mi /235 km
Today, follow the crest of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, which in the summer have a distinctly bluish cast. Then continue along the lush, green Shenandoah Valley en route to the destination tonight, Roanoke, Virginia.
Roanoke – Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Cherokee Indian Reservation / driving distance: 250 mi /400 km
Spend a full day enjoying the mountain scenery while driving south along the spine of the Blue Ridge Mountains into the state of North Carolina. In the afternoon, visit the Smoky Mountains, famous for the distinctive blue haze which cloaks them. Pass through the ancestral homeland of the Cherokee Indians.
Asheville – Charleston / driving distance: 264 mi /422 km
The destination today is historic Charleston, a city built for walking. Take a leisurely stroll through the historic district and note its unsurpassed antebellum architecture. It was in Charleston that early shots of the Civil War were fired, starting a four-year battle that ended with the defeat of the Confederate States and the reemergence of the United States as one nation.
Charleston – Savannah / driving distance: 105 mi /166 km
After leaving historic Charleston, many people choose to visit the Magnolia Plantation and Gardens. Drive south to the port city of Savannah. The historic district of Old Savannah has been beautifully restored, recreating the gracious atmosphere of the Antebellum South.
Savannah – St. Augustine / driving distance: 200 mi /320 km
Follow the lush, semi-tropical coastline of Georgia, and see the influence of 18th century English settlers in the charming architecture of Brunswick. Pass Jacksonville en route to St. Augustine, the oldest city in the United States. Time this evening to wander the streets of St. Augustine and enjoy a relaxing dinner.
St. Augustine – Orlando / driving distance: 120 mi /200 km
Searching for the Fountain of Youth, Ponce de León landed here in 1513, and that eternal search continues today by sun worshippers on Florida’s beaches. Join them this morning, or explore the Spanish heritage of the city before driving south along the coast to Orlando.
Enjoy a full day exploring the entertainment complex of Walt Disney World Resort – home to the Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, and Disney–MGM Studios, or experience Disney’s wildest adventure yet, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park (Admissions not included).
Orlando – Venice/Sarasota / driving distance: 150 mi /240 km
Make the short drive to the western shores of Florida and Tampa Bay, which sheltered the pirates and buccaneers of a bygone era. The stunning natural beauty of Sarasota is enhanced by the barrier islands, known as “keys,” lying just offshore.
Venice – Miami/South Beach / driving distance: 230 mi /370 km
Follow the Tamiami Trail and drive through the heart of the largest sub-tropical wilderness in North America, the Everglades. The watery River of Grasses is a sanctuary for a myriad of birds and animals. East of the Everglades, the sandy beaches of South Florida await you.
A full day at leisure in Miami to explore South Beach or to shop at the many superb malls. Spend your last evening in lively South Beach. Dine or dance the night away.
Return your rental car today before your departing flight.
Prices, Dates, Hotels & Conditions
CHANGE CURRENCY€ £ $ A$ ¥ C$
The final price you will pay for this tour is that displayed in USD. Prices converted in other
currencies are for guidance purposes only and are approximate.
|DAILY DEPARTURES||PRICE FROM
|May, June, July, August, September, October||1179||1594|
|1-2||New York||Skyline Hotel||Holiday Inn New York City Midtown 57Th St|
|3-4||Washington D.C.||Capitol Skyline Hotel||Washington Hilton|
|5||Shenandoah||Best Western Intown Luray||Skyland Resort|
|6||Roanoke||Holiday Inn Roanoke -Tanglewood||Holiday Inn Roanoke -Tanglewood|
|7||Cherokee||Magnuson Great Smokies Inn||Magnuson Great Smokies Inn|
|8||Charleston||Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview||Francis Marion Hotel|
|9||Savannah||Best Western Plus Savannah Historic District||Hilton Savannah Desoto|
|10||St. Augustine||Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine||Holiday Isle Oceanfront|
|11-12||Orlando||Champions World Resort||Ramada Plaza Resort & Suites International Drive|
|13||Sarasota||Ramada Waterfront Sarasota||Lido Beach Resort|
|14-15||Miami||Days Inn Miami Beach Oceanside||The Dorchester|
- Walk or run in Central Park
- View the Statue of Liberty from Battery Park
- Bring history lessons from school to life in historic Philadelphia, the Birthplace of Freedom
- See the Liberty Bell and Declaration of Independence
- Delight in DC’s celebrated monuments and memorials showcasing the history of the U.S.
- Capture a photo of the White House
- Pass Monticello, the house Thomas Jefferson built for himself and his family
- Hike one of the many trails along Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park
- Experience outstanding scenery along “America’s Favorite Drive”, the Blueridge Parkway
- View the deep blue haze of Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Stroll down Charleston’s quaint alleyways or trot through the streets in a carriage
- Stand where the first shot of the Civil War was fired
- Explore Savannah’s beautifully preserved historic neighborhoods
- Travel along the southeastern coastline of Georgia, home to the area’s first European settler
- Visit St. Augustine, the nation’s oldest permanently occupied European settlement
- Sip the Fountain of Youth waters and hear the history behind its legendary benefits
- Immerse yourself in world-famous theme parks and unforgettable adventure in Orlando
- Embrace the maritime history of the Tampa Bay area
- Experience an abundance of sun, sand and water in Sarasota
- Escape into the wilds of Florida on the Tamiami Trail Scenic Byway
- Explore Florida’s Everglades, a subtropical refuge to a unique array of wildlife
- Discover South Beach, Miami’s hot spot for fun
Admission fees not included