ARRIVE SAN FRANCISCO
Welcome to San Francisco, the City by the Bay, check in to your hotel and explore. At 6 p.m., gather with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
SAN FRANCISCO - NAPA
As the mist rises over the bay, the great city of San Francisco stands before you. Embark on a morning exploration that takes you from Fisherman's Wharf to fashionable Union Square. There's a story around every corner of San Francisco. Enjoy some free time at Fisherman's Wharf before driving across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, heading for Napa Valley's sun-dappled fields, lush vineyards and fragrant flowers.
NAPA - SACRAMENTO - LAKE TAHOE
Rise early this morning for an unforgettable optional hot air balloon ride over the lush Napa Valley. Enjoy a scenic drive through the Napa Valley area before boarding the Napa Valley Wine Train's lovingly restored Pullman cars for a taste of the golden age of rail travel. Journey through the sparkling sunlight of a Napa afternoon as you indulge in a Regional Meal lunch and wine tasting. After lunch, travel through the fertile Sacramento River Valley to the alpine splendour of Lake Tahoe, its clear blue waters surrounded by evergreen pines and rocky outcrops.
LAKE TAHOE SIGHTSEEING
After a relaxing breakfast, step back in time as you ride along the Pony Express Trail to America's largest historic landmark, Virginia City, where Mark Twain once roamed the streets and everybody wanted a piece of the "Richest Place on Earth". Learning about the West Coast's infamous Silver Rush is a true Cultural Insight. Take some time to visit one of the mansions, museums, gold and silver stores and see a real mine. This evening, join an elegant sunset Regional Meal dinner cruise on the lake, complete with wine, live music and magnificent views.
LAKE TAHOE - YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK
Snow covered for much of the year, stunning Tioga Pass is the perfect entry point to the Golden State's most famous National Park, Yosemite, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (Weather conditions may cause the Tioga Pass to be closed to traffic, typically from mid-October to the end of May. In this case, an alternate entry point to Yosemite will be used.) Descend from the Sierra Nevada Mountains into the Yosemite Valley, passing the misty splendour of Bridal Veil Falls. Enjoy your accommodation inside the park, taking in all of the natural wonders after the crowds have left and just a short stroll from Yosemite Falls.
YOSEMITE - SALINAS VALLEY - MONTEREY
Head west today into Salinas Valley and join an agricultural education tour to learn about fruit and vegetable production and advanced farming techniques of the region with a Local Specialist. Travel to Monterey for a Be My Guest experience. Your hosts share their knowledge and love of food with you this evening as you dine on a meal of the freshest ingredients, an experience meant to empower you as a diner with an understanding of the farm-to-table experience.
MONTEREY, CARMEL AND BIG SUR EXCURSION
Experience the glories of the California coast cruising scenic 17-Mile Drive past the famed Lone Cypress Tree and Pebble Beach Golf Links before travelling to Big Sur. Stop in the quaint village of Carmel-by-the-Sea to browse the many shops, wander down to the water's edge or enjoy a cappuccino at a café. Then it's on to hidden coves with sandy beaches, towering redwoods touching the sky and dolphins and sea lions cavorting in the clear waters-Big Sur's natural majesty will take your breath away. Return to Monterey for a tour of Cannery Row, made famous by native Californian author, John Steinbeck. Enjoy some free time at lively, picturesque Fisherman's Wharf, home to restaurants, shops and vibrant street life, or join an optional visit to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium. Tonight, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a festive Farewell Dinner.
MONTEREY - ROARING CAMP - DEPART SAN FRANCISCO
When Isaac Graham settled in the hills outside of Santa Cruz in the 1830s, Mexican authorities named his rowdy settlement "Roaring Camp". Today, journey back in time to the era of lumberjacks and sawmills in a re-created 1880s logging camp, complete with a general store and railroad depot. Luckily, Graham and his lumberjacks didn't cut down the massive redwoods just minutes away in Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park. Walk among the awe-inspiring trees-some of the largest living things on earth-and admire these treasures of California. End your journey where you began, in the golden city of San Francisco. Take a transfer to San Francisco International Airport or return to the Fairmont San Francisco, if you wish to extend your stay.
Prices, Dates, Hotels & Conditions
CHANGE CURRENCY€ £ $ A$ ¥ C$
The final price you will pay for this tour is that displayed in USD. Prices converted in other
currencies are for guidance purposes only and are approximate.
|DEPARTURES 2018||PRICE FROM|
|JULY 6, 28||2333|
|AUG 4, 18||2315|
|SEP 1, 15||2315|
YOUR ESCORTED MOTORCOACH TOUR INCLUDES
- Services of a professional Tour Manager throughout
- Deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach with onboard restroom facilities
- Hotel accommodations as specified or similar
- Sightseeing as specified
- Hotel taxes; service charges; and baggage (one suitcase per person)
- City tour of San Francisco
- Scenic drive along spectacular 17-Mile Drive, through Napa Wine Country
- See quaint Carmel, Big Sur, Napa Valley
- Visit the historic gold and silver mining town of Virginia City, "The Salad Bowl of the World" in Salinas Valley, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park, Monterey, Roaring Camp, Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park
- 7 full breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- 1 lunch
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- Authentic Accommodation: Fairmont San Francisco, San Francisco: Opened in 1907, this Authentic Accommodation is well known for its impeccable service and centrally located at the top of Nob Hill. Take a stroll or stop for a tropical drink in their historic tiki bar, Tonga Room and Hurricane Bar, opened in 1945 for a truly memorable experience
- Authentic Accommodation: Yosemite Valley Lodge, Yosemite National Park: Located right inside Yosemite National Park, the Yosemite Valley Lodge is an idyllic spot for families and visitors seeking the comforts of a hotel after an exciting day exploring the wilderness. Your Authentic Accommodation has a cosy, ski-lodge type atmosphere, redesigned with an emphasis on glass and wood detailing to blend harmoniously with its surroundings
- Be My Guest: Learn about California's organic food scene and watch two food preservationists prepare your meal using fresh ingredients
- Cultural Insights: Learn about West Coast's silver rush history in Virginia City where Mark Twain once roamed the streets
- Hidden Treasures: Enjoy at least one surprise Hidden Treasure
- Local Specialists: Embark on an agriculture tour in Salinas Valley
|1||San Francisco||Fairmont San Francisco Authentic Accommodation|
|2||Napa||Embassy Suites Napa Valley|
|3-4||Lake Tahoe||Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel at Heavenly Valley|
|5||Yosemite||Yosemite Valley Lodge Authentic Accommodation|
|6-7||Monterey||The Portola Hotel and Spa at Monterey Bay|
PRE & POST HOTELS
PRE: San Francisco, Fairmont San Francisco Authentic Accommodation
POST: San Francisco, Fairmont San Francisco Authentic Accommodation
We offer a range of optional experiences and entertainment options to complement our trips. These are purchased when you are on your trip.